1. Didactic Training
Everything starts from understanding the procedure. We will provide a step-by-step workbook to provide the surgeons with a comprehensive understanding of all of the necessary steps to implement a successful AVNeo procedure.
2. Aorta Model Training Model by AVNeo Certified Proctor
After understanding the procedure, we will provide/sell a Aorta model can can be re-used for multiple training session. This Aorta model is perfect for practice trainings.
3. Surgery Observations / Scrub In
Depending on the patients situation, the trainee may have the opportunity to scrub in and observe the operation closely for better learning.
4. First Operation
Implement the first real operation within 1 month after the end of training.
5. Requirement Towards Training
Please secure the first operation within 1 month after the end of training to ensure that the trainee can implement the procedure in real life with a fresh memory.
Required Standards for Surgeon to Take Training
- The Cardiac Surgeon belongs to a hospital actively performing heart valve surgery prior to AVNeo™ procedure
- The Cardiac Surgeon possesses a minimum of 10 years experience
- The Cardiac Surgeon must be implementing over 20 AVR cases per year
- The Cardiac Surgeon possesses Internal Authorization by hospital to perform AVNeo procedures and has a candidate patient that can be operated on 1 month after completion of training